Dr Chun Yu (Brendan) Wu
Languages spoken: English, Cantonese & Mandarin
Dr Wu has ample experience in General Practice. He graduated in 2002 from The Chinese University of Hong Kong, receiving his Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB). Dr Wu worked as a physician before he became a private GP in 2004. In 2013, Dr Wu returned to the public sector for primary care service. He attained the Fellowship of The Royal Australian College of General Practitioners in 2016, and he achieved the most outstanding candidate award in the Fellowship of Hong Kong Academy of Medicine in 2019, specializing in Family Medicine.
In addition, Dr Wu has completed Diploma of Child Health (DCH) at Sydney University, Diploma in Clinical Dermatology at Queen Mary Barts and London, and Diploma and Master of Practical Dermatology at Cardiff University in the UK. Having worked in Hong Kong for 20 years, he decided to move to Australia and continues his practice in 2022.
Dr Wu is experienced in managing various chronic diseases including hypertension, diabetes, asthma and COPD. He is particularly interested in diabetes and he has extensive knowledge in managing diabetic patients requiring insulin therapy. Dr Wu is also interested in skin medicine. He manages various skin conditions.
Dr Chun Yu (Brendan) Wu’s special interest areas include:
- Family health, including special interest in children’s health
- Women’s health
- Men’s health
- Chronic disease management (Medicare EPC) plans
- Asthma, allergies & respiratory – (asthma management plans, hay fever / allergic rhinitis)
- Diabetic management and reviews
- Skin health checks and skin conditions
- Preventative health checks
- Preventative health & wellness
- 45 – 49-year-old health assessments
- Nutrition, weight and Balanced Lifestyle Advice
- Gastrointestinal & gut health
- Mental health care plans